Monday, October 22, 2012

Keith Urban - Stupid Boy




Back in December of 2006, I decided that I should get some country music into my collection. Don't ask why I decided that, or where the decision came from. I wasn't, and still aren't, a fan of that country "twang". I wasn't really sure how to go about discovering what or who I should listen to to find something I would like. At one point I was looking at the country chart on Billboard, seeing if anything stood out, or if anything struck me as something I should try. And there on those pages I saw a artist named Keith Urban, and a song called Stupid Boy. Again, I'm not sure why that particular song jumped out at me, but it did. So I went about looking for a way to listen to that song. Found it on that new website called Youtube, and hello, this was country music? I remember thinking why wasn't this on Adult contemporary stations, or Pop stations? Anyway, the slow gentle beginning of the song, that beautiful acoustic guitar. The way the song slowly started to build. The pain in Keith's voice as he sang. That first guitar solo. And then... TWO MINUTES of guitar solo to end the song. Two minutes that mimic the beginning of the song. A guitar solo that starts out slow and passionate, and slowly, ever so slowly, builds before it is something you can't sit still to, and yet it still hold all the passion that it had in the beginning of it. Wow! This song is still one of my all-time favorites, regardless of what format.

No comments:

Post a Comment