Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sticky Bar


I have discovered a recipe for a wonderfully tasty and healthy snack bar that I'm going to share with you. I've tried it and trust me, you'll love how good this thing tastes! You won't believe that it is good for you. Below is the recipe as written in the Beachbody 'Thin Kitchen' recipe book. I'll share my little tweeks to it at the end of the recipe.

Tony Horton's Sticky Bar

You will need:
1/2 medium sized banana
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (organic and natural, without hydrogenated oils)
1 cup unsweetened granola
Wax paper

Mix and mash ingredients in a bowl
Spoon onto a sheet of wax paper. Roll up contents into a cigar/hot dog shape. Set in freezer for about 90 minutes.

Cut in half. Eat frozen or throw into microwave for 10 seconds. This recipe will give you four servings.

Serving size: 1/2 of bar
Calories: 180
Fat Total: 11g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Carbs: 17g
Fiber: 3g
Protien: 6g

If that looks like a very simple recipe, you've got a good eye because it very much is a simple recipe. I did make a few changes to it though. The first one is I doubled the recipe. That gave me eight bars so I had enough to last the week. As for the peanut butter, I did use Natural Chunky peanutbutter. My grocery store apparently doesn't have the exact kind listed. Just make sure you don't use any regular peanut butter as then you'll lose a bunch of the heath benefits of the bar without really gaining any more taste. I use the Skippy Natural Peanutbutter brand. The third tweek is instead of using wax paper I used a small pan/bakery dish and spread out the mixture in that instead. I then cut it into eight pieces after I took it out of the freezer.

So there you go, enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment